Full-Time Personnel Driver and Despatch
1. It is the responsibility of a personal driver to maintain the vehicle or all the vehicles of the employer by keeping them clean and in running state.
2. It is the responsibility of a personal driver to take the vehicle (s) or send them to a repair shop/ garage for repairs when needed.
3. It is the responsibility of a personal driver to care for the people travelling in the vehicle when taking them from one place to another.
4. It is the responsibility of a personal driver to abide by the rules and regulations laid down by the state authorities to avoid any mishaps/ accidents.
5. It is the responsibility of a personal driver to make sure that in case of making a delivery for the employer, the package is delivered in the best condition and in timely fashion.
6. It is the responsibility of a personal driver to take care for the safety of those who are travelling with him/ her in the vehicle.
7. It is the responsibility of a personal driver to keep all the documents of the vehicle and his/ her license in place while driving any vehicle.
8. Receive orders for shipment, or pick from customers or senior managers.
9. Make necessary arrangement for the appropriate driver and vehicle to be employed for each run.
10. Keep track of the movement and progress of each driver and vehicle.
11. Inspect inbound freight to ensure compliance in quality and quantity of goods received with the description on the bill of laden.
12. Take inventory to ascertain the stock of goods remaining.
13. Answer customers’ queries regarding the availability of trucks and the cost of haulage.
14. Prioritize haulage according to urgency and nature of commodity.
15. Arrange for emergency pickup and delivery of orders.
16. Maintain a friendly relationship with customers to ensure continuous patronage.
17. Maintain a friendly relationship with drivers to ensure steady compliance whenever they are called for work even in emergency situations.
18. Maintain a dispatch log to record all details of pickup and delivery orders – customers’ orders, drivers’ information, haulage charge, expenses incurred in hauling each freight, and inventory.
19 .Professionalism: An individual driver should dependably be proficient in his/her work. He/she should also appear smart at all times, wearing smart clothes or as ordered by the employer. He/she must discharge his/her obligations in a professional manner
20. Watchful and Safety conscious: He/she should drive with consideration at all times, realizing that the lives of his/her passengers are in his/her hand, so to say. He/she ought to likewise consider the wellbeing of other road users.
21. A personal driver must be an expert driver and properly licensed to drive. If he/she is a live-out driver, then he/she should ensure o be punctual to work daily.
22. Depending on the nature of his/his employer, good conversational skills may also be very essential.
23. In addition, the driver must take responsibility for all issues concerning his/her work.
24. Communication: He/she must have excellent listening and communication skills. Being able to listen attentively to customers’ orders and pass same information across to drivers is imperative to the success of deliveries. The dispatcher must also be able to sustain an open line of communication with the parties involved in the run – customer, manager, and driver
25. Dispatching involves a lot of work at the same time – receiving calls from different drivers, customers, and managers; tracking the drivers’ progress, and arranging for dispatches. Therefore, the dispatcher must be able to multitask and prioritize effectively without making mistakes
26. Good map reading skills and ability to use GPRS devices to chart routes for the movement of the drivers is very important. In addition, an expansive knowledge of routes plied by the drivers is also essential
27. The dispatcher must be able to work in high pressure environment
28. He/she must be willing to work flexible schedules including working on weekends, holidays, and over time to meet the demands of clients.
RM 1900 to RM 2000
How to Applysrimathi.email@example.com
147 total views, 1 today