Full-Time Data Center System Engineer
1. Provide 24 hours, 7 days a week, operational support and monitoring of Progenet’s data center on a 8 hours shift rotation basis in ensuring the data center is operating at its optimum avaialbility, performance and effeciency.
2. Monitor helpdesk ticketing system and proactively attend to incidents in a timely manner
3. Implement, manage, administer, and support the necessary system and network infrastructure in both on-premise and off-premise location under Progenet’s data center, ensuring all necessary services are operating at its optimum performance and availability, and abides to Progenet’s IT standards and IT security policies.
4. Facilitate and support the DC operations in ensuring continuous business operations at all times. Where necessary, work with Progenet’s business partners or customers to plan, implement, and deploy solutions as per requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform daily monitoring of all systems and networks ensuring availability of continuous operations of Progenet’s services, including system and security logs for unauthorized access or security violations.
2. Administer and support all operational and scheduled maintenance tasks, perform periodic healthchecks, identify and resolve all identified issues in ensuring optimum performance of Progenet’s IT infrastructure.
3. Monitor helpdesk ticketing system, proactively respond and manage all incident and change tickets from initial creation till closure, including engaging and supporting Progenet’s customers within service levels.
4. Support the configuration and administering of monitoring tools in ensuring all networks and systems are monitored 24/7.
5. Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
6. Implement physical, systems, and network security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
7. Work with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
8. Complete work in lab and operational environments.
9. Update and maintain technical and business documents.
10. Provide support in maintenance, and follow through of schedules. Be able to maintain tight deadlines on implementation of required support environments.
11. Work with technical staff to develop Standard Operating Procedures.
12. Work with customers, engineers and management to improve the end-user experience through program or process improvements.
13. Ensure all program hardware and software are audited, documented, and processed per customer specific Asset Management requirements.
14. Process and provision new services, servers and network to customers within service level.
15. Support the development and setup on existing and new projects and services.
16. Ensure all systems and networks are configured as per Progenet’s IT standards, including IT Security standards and policies.
17. Prepare, maintain and ensure all relevant technical documents, manuals, workflow process and procedures are always current.
18. Respond to production emergencies related to assigned systems on a 24/7 basis as necessary.
1. Majoring in Computer Science or related field;
2. Experience in cloud computing and data center infrastructure;
3. Experience in supporting and using Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix OS;
4. Experience in shell scripting or similar programming language.
5. Experience in supporting WAN and LAN
6. Demonstrated leadership skills and strong analytical capability;
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
8. Strong English verbal and writing skill
How to Applyemail to firstname.lastname@example.org
66 total views, 3 today