Is It Easy For Foreign Nationals to Secure Job In Malaysia?
Off lately, Singapore and Malaysia have become a hot destination for foreigners to work. Like many others, if you are also Looking for Jobs in Malaysia
- I am a foreigner living outside Malaysia. Is it easy for me to find a job here?
- How do I start looking for Jobs Malaysia for foreigners?
The answer to the first question is, it is not easy to secure a job in Malaysia, especially when you are not a resident of the country. Unless you have some specialized qualities possessed by you, you will always be outclassed by the local residents of the country. Hence, as a foreigner, you would have to put a lot of effort to get a job. Even though Malaysia has a high demand for foreign talent, yet the competition is also fierce from the foreigners or locals already residing in Malaysia.
While doing jog hunting for any country, you would realise that the jobs posted are primarily for the permanent residents of the country or for the immigrants who are settled in their country. If someone is holding a work permit, then he or she may be considered for the post. However, the first preference is always given to the locals. Even many job sites in Malaysia have fewer amount of jobs posted for foreign nationals because it is easier and cost effective to hire local residents than hiring foreign nationals because then they would have to bear the cost of migration as well. So, if you are looking for senior executive jobs in Malaysia, here are some suggestions that you might find useful:
- It has been seen that people travel to Malaysia for leisure purpose and end up in job search. What they don’t realize is that companies do not consider such people who land up without any interviews or appointments. It is recommended that if you are travelling for leisure purpose then you should only concentrate on travelling rather than looking for jobs. If you want to look up for jobs during your visit, you must contact the companies first and inform about your travel plans so that interviews can be arranged during that period.
- Though online job application posting might not be fruitful for you initially, yet don’t dismiss the option for online jobs altogether. You will always find some job postings for foreign candidates as well. All you need to do is put some extra effort and time to find these jobs. Also, only online apply through reputed platforms where you would definitely find something of your calibre in one place. This would save a lot of time and effort as you would find different company’s job posted at one site and you won’t have to visit each site separately.
- Use your current or previous contacts in Malaysia to look for any kind of opportunities in their companies for foreigners. They are by far the best option to look for jobs in different country.
- Don’t just apply to any jobs just for moving to a different country. Look for jobs of similar skillset and abilities and make sure you apply for only those that match your skills. Recruiting companies in Malaysia are very stringent about such people who just apply for jobs just for the sake of it. This will only not only save time but would also increase the success rate of your job search.
- Your resume should be presentable and detailed in a way that the recruiting firms would be compelled to arrange an interview for you. Remember, your resume is your first impression in front of the employer. Hence, it should be highly professional and presentable. You can try various professional resume samples on the internet to create one for yourself.
- Try and read as much as possible about the questions and answers on the internet that might come your way during the interview process. Practice as much as possible.
- Don’t be adamant for only taking up jobs that might not be your first preference. You might have to compromise at first, but later once you are in the system, you can easily look for jobs.
Jobstarc is a one stop platform where looking for a perfect job in Malaysia becomes simple and convenient than ever.
234 total views, 2 today