Clean Up Your Personal Brand
Via Careerealism : Branding yourself was a great idea! You are well aware of your unique value offer; have leveraged it to position yourself as an expert in your field and “knockout” other heavy-weight champions. Great job!
What’s next? To stay current, you must always revisit your personal brand’s core values and ensure the value offer you’ve focused on is still in alignment with your target employer’s fluctuating needs. If it isn’t, you may need to re-brand yourself.
A re-tooling of your personal brand is sometimes necessary in reaction to fluid industry demands—very strategic and smart defense! HOWEVER, a proactive re-brand based on forecasted industry needs and a deep-dive self reassessment –is even smarter! (That’s offense, baby!)
So, is it time to re-evaluate, refocus, polish and clean up your personal brand. Get your gloves, dust mops, and brooms… (pen and paper will work, too).
- Canvassing. Initiate contact with your target employer.
- Learn. What is important to them as they plan for the future.
- Evaluate. How does your personal brand meet their needs?
- Adjust. Discard the old, remove barriers to the new you.
- New. Package yourself anew this spring with a fresh and in-demand brand.
386 total views, 2 today