8 Simple Interview Questions To Ask Hiring Managers
Via Careerealism : When you go on an interview, you’re going to get to the “Do you have any questions?” question. You might not know it, but this is actually one of the most important interview questions.
This is a big opportunity for you to not only stand out to an employer, but also to dig deeper to see if this position is really a good fit for you. You may be tempted to say something like, “Nah, I think I’m good!” Or, even worse, you might want to inquire about salary, benefits, and/or vacation time. Don’t! Questions about these things will look very self-centered to an employer, and you should not bring them up during the first interview.
So, what should you ask about? There’s a strategy that you should be using when you have this opportunity to ask questions. Here are four goals you need to have in mind:
- Connect with the employer/interviewer
- Learn about the company culture
- Understand the company challenges
- Close the conversation
Now that you know what your goals are, you can start firing off questions. Here are eight important questions you need to ask during an interview:
Questions For Connecting
- How did you come to work here?
- What do you love most about working here?
Questions About Company Culture
- Who has been the most successful person to work here and why?
- Who has been the most UNsuccessful person to work here and why?
Questions About Company Challenges
- What’s the biggest challenge the company will face this year?
- What will I be able to do to measurably make a difference this year?
Questions For Closing The Conversation
- Is there anything about my background or experience that you would change to make me a better fit for this role? (With a smile)
- What are the next steps in the process?
There you have it! Good luck!
523 total views, 1 today